You want to make sure your shoes last a long time, and the only way for that to happen is by taking proper care of them. The following tips should help.
- Store the shoes properly by placing them in a box or into a shelving unit, and always use a shoetree.
- Do not wear the same pair of designer shoes everyday – sneakers, rubber boots, and similar shoes are fine though.
- With expensive leather designer shoes, you want to give them a chance to rest between wearing them.
- Repair the shoes as needed and replace the heels as they start to wear down.
- Be careful of where you walk with your expensive shoes so you do not soil or damage them.
- Keep the shoes away from pets.
- Clean and condition the leather and use the right type of high quality cleaners for the various types of materials that make up your shoe collection.